Recently, Google launched the latest Android 8.1 Oreo and Android 8.1 has become more popular among various phone manufacturers as well as custom ROM developers. The developers are really working hard to bring the custom builds of Android 8.1 Oreo for various devices ever since the launch of official Oreo 8.1 by Google.
Today, we have the latest build of Nitrogen OS which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo for Redmi Note 3 International variant (kenzo). Now you can enjoy the fresh Android 8.1 Oreo OS by flashing Nitrogen OS custom ROM. This latest custom firmware comes with all the official features from Oreo 8.1 like Picture-in-Picture mode, Google Play protect security scan, Background limits, Auto-fill passwords, Adaptive icons, Keyboard navigation, notification dots and much more. This latest custom firmware is very fast, light, stable and smoothly run on your device without any problem.
This is not officially announced by Xiaomi but just a custom ROM so you may some bug but don’t worry about that they will be fixed with time. Make sure that your device is rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or Redwolf Recovery to flash this Nitrogen OS custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. By following this simple step by step guide you can easily update your Redmi Note 3 to Nitrogen OS Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM.
All thanks to the Senior Member over XDA xyyx, who has developed Nitrogen OS 8.1 Oreo build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Official update is always good but custom ROMs provide a wide range of customization features which mostly does not found in the official stock firmware. Before proceeding, don’t forgot to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Nitrogen OS Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
The Nitrogen OS Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and the instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Check the model number of your Xiaomi Redmi note 3 from Settings > About Phone.
GoogleMagazine.com will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 during or after the installation of Nitrogen OS Android 8.1 Oreo ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- The bootloader of your Redmi Note 3 must be officialy unlocked.
- The Redmi note 3 must have install the latest version of any custom recovery like TWRP or RedWolf Recovery.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Xiaomi Redmi note 3 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery and Copy all the file to your PC. (Click Here to know to take Nandroid Backup.)
- Latest MIUI Global Beta Firmware .
- Latest version of Nitrogen OS Rom based on Android Oreo .
- Download Latest version of Gapps. [Download above Pico if you want Face Unlock]
Steps to Flash Android 8.1 Oreo Nitrogen OS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
- First, download all the required file for Xiaomi Redmi note 3 on your desktop from the above links.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Transfer all .zip file which you’ve already downloaded to your SD card on your phone.
- Unplug the Redmi Note 3 from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Power ON the device by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power button at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – Your device is now in Recovery, now go to Wipe > Advanced wipe > check on Dalvik / ART cache, System, Data and Cache > Swipe to Wipe .
Note: – Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and click on Install .
Step No 8: – Navigate to the folder where you’ve kept all the 3 zip file on your storage. At First select miui_HMNote3ProGlobal_x.x.x_Firmware.zip then click on Add more zip then select Nitrogen-OS-O-kenzo-2018xxx.zip then click on Add more zip then select Gapps Package.zip file then Swipe to Install to confirm the installation.
Step No 9: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and go to Wipe > Formate Date > type YES to Confirm Factory Reset, then go back to Main Recovery Menu hit Reboot then System . Your Redmi Note 3 will be rebooted and this may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot up for the first time.
Note: – Factory Reset is necessary to prevent Encryption.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to the latest Nitrogen OS Android 8.1 Oreo ROM.
All links have updated on 9/2/2018 .